REGULAR COLLEGE WITHDRAWAL/REFUND POLICY ** TIMELINE 60-90 DAYS
In accordance with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities’ Tuition Fee Operating Procedures, students must complete a withdrawal form within 10 business days of the beginning of a semester to receive a refund of fees for the current term. If you do not complete the official withdrawal process, you will be responsible for all fees assessed. Non-attendance does not constitute an Official Withdrawal.
COVID 19 – 2 Stage Visa Approval Process – Withdrawal and Refund Policy Amendment
Niagara College’s international student withdrawal and refund policy has been temporarily amended to accommodate the new two-stage study permit approval process that IRCC introduced in July 2020 for the 2020 Fall term.
Students who receive their stage 1 study permit approval, and then subsequently receive a refusal of their study permit in stage 2, will be eligible to withdraw and apply for a refund of their tuition and fees paid for the 2020 Fall semester, based on the following:
- You have provided NC with proof of stage 1 approval and stage 2 refusal within 30 days of IRCC issuing your stage 2 refusal;
- You officially request to withdraw from your studies through the following withdrawal process before November 1, 2020;
- You haven’t knowingly misled or misrepresented your study permit application with fraudulent documents or had preexisting medical conditions that would make your completed study permit application be refused.
Refunds will be processed in accordance with Niagara College standard refund process.
International students are refunded all fees assessed for the term and subsequent terms paid in advance, less any non-refundable fee(s):
- International Tuition Fees ÷ Canadian Funded Tuition Fees X $500.00 CAD
- If applicable, any fee paid for services that are non-refundable after use (airport pickup, medical insurance etc.)
The withdrawal fee is calculated based on the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities policy.
Quebec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ) is required for students who want to transfer to the province of Quebec. Failure to provide this CAQ document before the withdrawal deadline will result in the denial of the withdrawal request and no refund will be issued. The CAQ must accompany the Quebec institution’s letter of acceptance.
STUDENTS THAT WISH TO WITHDRAW FROM THEIR PROGRAM OF STUDY MAY INITIATE THE WITHDRAWAL PROCESS BY CLICKING ON THE FOLLOWING LINK, CLICK HERE.
**please note that the entire withdrawal process must be completed in order to be eligible for a refund
Prices include the following:
- bus pass
- health insurance
- some material fees
**International students that have been refused a study permit for the current semester and have notified the International Division within 10 days of the beginning of the semester will be refunded all fees paid less a non-refundable deposit of $200.00 CAD. Note, students are required to provide documentation verifying a study permit refusal.