Designed for success
Our EAP program is designed to strengthen all areas of your English Language skills with the ultimate goal of preparing you for the workforce or to allow you to continue your studies in one of our undergraduate or graduate programs at Niagara College. The EAP program is taught at our Welland Campus that sits on over 100 acres of land. This large campus is ideally located in a residential area that is close to restaurants, shops and nice, single family homes. Many of these homes are part of our Homestay program allowing our homestay students to live within walking distance of the school.
- No TOEFL score required to enter
- Three session starts per year: January, May and September
- Each session is four months in duration
- 25 hours of classes per week
- Classes are offered at 5 levels, beginner through advanced
- College credit courses available for advanced level students
- Weekly organized social events and activities
- Students receive a certificate upon successful completion of their session
- Academic Writing and Grammar
- Reading and Vocabulary Development
- Speaking, Pronunciation and Presentation Skills
- Listening and Note-taking Skills
- Research Skills for Academic Study
Open the door to your dreams!
Successful completion of the advanced level of the EAP program with a 70% average enables you to enter undergraduate programs at Niagara College – with no additional proficiency tests needed.
- Pass all classes with a minimum 50% average and proceed to the next level.
- Pass all classes with a minimum 90% average and retake the placement test with the possibility to skip one level.
- Pass all classes with a minimum 70% average and you are eligible for Certificate and Post-Secondary Programs at Niagara College.
- Pass all classes with a minimum 75% average and you are eligible for Degree and Graduate Programs at Niagara College.