Graduating Soon?

Update your address and contact details:

Be sure to keep your contact information up to date – here is a guide. College documents and communications will be sent to the contacts and address we have on file. Your address cannot be updated on some college documents once they are generated.

Convocation Info:

Refer to the Niagara College website for information about convocation for your program: NC Virtual Convocation

If you are not attending Convocation, your diploma (certificate) will be mailed to the address the college has on file. Contact Enrollment Services if you have more questions about the certificate.

Inviting Family/Friends:

If you have a friend or relative that would like to visit you in Canada, that person will be applying for their own visitor visa to come to Canada. Please refer them to the appropriate Canadian Consulate or Visa Application Centre in the country they are currently residing in.

Be Work Ready:
  • Go to the Niagara College Career Centre in for assistance with resume writing, interviews and how to apply for jobs.
  • Be sure that you ask your references for permission. Also, if you are using an “English name” be sure to give your potential employer both names when checking your references. This will help your reference know who the employer is enquiring about.
  • Request your Co-Curricular Record (CCR) for your portfolio.

Once you receive your PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit) you can extend your SIN at a Service Canada office.
Read about ‘implied status’ (now known as ‘maintained status’) and the SIN Card.

Health Insurance (

Your Guard Me Insurance will expire…check the expiry date. Be sure to get new health insurance to cover you and your family.

Health Insurance Options include:

Change Your Address with Canada Post:

You should change your address with each person/company as you receive your mail.

If you are worried about mail being delivered to your old address, for a fee you can request Canada Post to have your mail forwarded to your new address.

Permanent Residency:

ISA’s (International Student Advisors at the college) cannot provide information on Canadian Permanent Residency. The NC team of advisors regularly invite immigration lawyers and RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants) to speak to NC students about pathways to Permanent Residency.

Please visit the events page of the Niagara College international website for and up-to-date events calendar and to check in any Permanent Residency information events are planned.

Niagara College Alumni Services:

As alumnus (graduates) you can continue to use your MyNC Portal and student email for up to 2 years. You need to reset your password every 90 days, contact ITS if you need help