Have you ever wondered how maple syrup is made?
A visit to Niagara’s maple syrup bushes is an absolute must for any Niagara winter itinerary. The best time to visit Agape is during in March when the 148 acres of pristine, forested, Effingham landscape are bustling with visitors taking tours and eating stacks of pancake dripping in one of nature’s best sugars.
Agape boasts great hiking trails, where a network of lines tapped to the maple trees run the sap to the reverse osmosis machine in the processing room. All of this is explained during tours of the property, where you can also learn about the history of maple syrup.
Cost: This event is free for all International Niagara College students. The cost is $10 for all guests. A guest must be an immediate family member (husband/wife or child).
Sign-up and payment deadline: Thursday, March 24th at 3:00 pm
- If you need to make a payment. you MUST pay by making an online banking payment.
- To make an online payment, log into your bank account and make a payment.
- Make Niagara College the payee and use your student number as the account number.
- After you have made the payment, you MUST email a copy of your receipt to [email protected]
- If you need help making an online payment, we would happy to help you in any International Office.
~ Niagara Falls – Morrison/Dorchester Hub – 9:00 am
~ Daniel J. Patterson Campus @ Niagara-on-the-lake – 9:20 am
~ Welland Campus: Arrive at the Athletic Centre entrance – 9:30 am
~ St. Catharines Downtown Bus Terminal – 9:45 am.
We will leave the farm at 2:00 pm
***YOU CANNOT DRIVE AND MEET US AT AGAPE MAPLE SYRUP FARMS. IT WILL BE VERY BUSY SO IF YOU ARRIVE ON YOUR OWN, YOU WILL NOT BE GIVEN A VOUCHER, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SIGNED UP. IN ORDER TO RECEIVE YOUR VOUCHER, YOU MUST RIDE THE BUS WITH THE ENTIRE GROUP. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS FOR THIS RULE***