On December 21, the Ontario government announced that a province-wide shutdown will begin on December 26 and will be in effect for 28 days in Southern Ontario, to help limit the transmission of COVID-19.
While the College is reviewing how this new measure may affect academic delivery, the Winter 2021 term will proceed as scheduled, with the start of classes on January 11. We can provide the following updates for the Winter 2021 term academic delivery at this time:
- All fully-online programs will proceed as scheduled;
- The following health-related programs identified in the provincial announcement will proceed with on-campus classes/labs as scheduled:
- Practical Nursing
- Personal Support Worker
- Occupational Therapy Assistant and Physiotherapy Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician / Community Pharmacy Assistant
- Social Service Worker
- The remaining hybrid-delivery programs that include on-campus classes/labs will be fully online for the first two weeks of term.
- A broad range of student services will continue to be available virtually.
Additional updates regarding academic delivery for the Winter 2021 term will be shared as further information becomes available, and the delivery status for all programs will be posted during the week of January 4, 2021. The College also recognizes that the province will review and reassess the shutdown to determine if an extension is required.
Please note that as previously scheduled, Niagara College will be closed for the term break from December 24 to January 3 inclusive.
We continue to take steps to welcome students for the Winter 2021 term with health and safety as our top priority. We will also keep the college community informed; all updates will be posted to niagaracollege.ca/covid19/.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we continue to monitor this quickly evolving situation.