In an ongoing effort to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure a safe and healthy learning environment and workplace, Niagara College has an important update regarding how staff and students should report a positive COVID-19 result if they have been on campus, and how contact tracing will take place within the college community.
As the current volume of COVID-19 cases in Niagara exceeds Niagara Region Public Health’s capacity to investigate and contact trace in a timely manner, Niagara College has agreed to support contact tracing when there has been a positive case on campus.
Students and staff are asked to report positive COVID-19 test results directly to Niagara College so that we can work with Niagara Region Public Health to ensure that your case is prioritized, and ensure that contact tracing is initiated in a timely manner.
When there has been a positive case on campus, anyone identified as being at risk will be contacted directly.
Report your positive test
If you test positive for COVID-19 and you have been on campus for any reason during the 14 days before your test, it’s important that you report your positive test to Niagara College. Niagara Region Public Health does not currently have the capacity to advise Niagara College of positive cases on campus that may pose a risk to others.
Employees and students who have been on campus and test positive for COVID-19 should follow these steps:
- Report your case to your faculty.
- Self-isolate at home.
- Report your case to your direct supervisor.
- Self-isolate at home.
Niagara College is dedicated to protecting personal privacy. In consultation with public health, Niagara College officials will directly contact anyone who may be at risk as the result of a positive case of the virus on campus. This replaces the previous procedure, where Niagara Public Health would manage outreach to those at risk.
Despite this change, Niagara College and Niagara Region Public Health remain committed to working together to manage on-campus cases in a safe, effective and timely way.
We all share an important responsibility for ensuring a safe and healthy learning environment and workplace:
- If you have been tested and have an OHIP card, you can check for your results online. If your test is positive, and you’ve been on campus, please report your result as soon as possible.
- Those that do not have a current Ontario health card may contact the Assessment Centre where they were tested or contact their health care provider (doctor’s office). To contact the Assessment Centre, call 905-378-4647, then:
- Catharines, ext. 44470
- Niagara Falls, ext. 52451
- Welland, ext. 33220
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and are awaiting test results, do not come to campus.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and dedication to keeping our community safe.