The Short Term English for Academic Preparation (EAP) program is two months in duration and designed to meet the needs of today’s fast-paced world. This program is great for students seeking flexibility in their English language education.
Short Term English for Academic Preparation
Based on the linguistic theories established by the full semester EAP program, the Short Term EAP focuses on English language essentials for students who wish strengthen their skills but are unable to attend the full semester of studies.
Whether you would like to advance your academic language needs, require a linguistic tune up or want to improve your business English skills, this is the course for you.
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Small class sizes, average is 15 to 20 students per class
- Qualified, experienced teachers
- Use of all college services and facilities
- State-of-the-art digital languages labs
- Language testing and assessment
- Friendly, supportive staff
- Individual academic counselling
- Academic Writing and Grammar
- Reading and Vocabulary Development
- Speaking, Pronunciation and Presentation Skills
- Listening and Note-taking Skills
- Research Skills for Academic Study
All students who study in the Short-Term EAP program are required to do placement testing.
Short-Term EAP students who enter the program at midterm should be aware of the following information regarding progressing to the next level:
- If they have failed one or more subject areas, they must stay in the same level for the next term.
- If they achieve grades between 50% and 79% in all of their classes, they are given the placement test again to double check that they are ready to move ahead a level. It is possible that they remain in the same level depending on the result of this test.
- If students achieve 80%+ in all of their courses they are exempt from taking the placement test at the end of 7 weeks of study and will advance to the next level.