Our intensive EAP program is four months in duration and the most academically rigorous language program at Niagara College. It focuses on preparing you for English language post-secondary studies and career advancement.
Designed for Success
Our EAP program is designed to strengthen all areas of your English Language skills with the ultimate goal of preparing you for the workforce or to allow you to continue your studies in one of our undergraduate or graduate programs at Niagara College. The EAP program is taught at our Welland Campus that sits on over 100 acres of land. This large campus is ideally located in a residential area that is close to restaurants, shops and nice, single family homes. Many of these homes are part of our Homestay program allowing our homestay students to live within walking distance of the school.
The EAP program has been offered for over 20 years and welcomes over 300 students each term from approximately 25 different countries.
- No TOEFL score required to enter
- Three session starts per year: January, May and September
- Each session is four months in duration
- 25 hours of classes per week
- Classes are offered at 5 levels, beginner through advanced
- College credit courses available for advanced level students
- Weekly organized social events and activities
- Students receive a certificate upon successful completion of their session
- Academic Writing and Grammar
- Reading and Vocabulary Development
- Speaking, Pronunciation and Presentation Skills
- Listening and Note-taking Skills
- Research Skills for Academic Study
Successful completion of the advanced level of the EAP program with a 70% average enables you to enter undergraduate programs at Niagara College – with no additional proficiency tests needed.
|Pass all classes with a minimum 50% average||Proceed to next level|
|Pass all classes with a minimum 90% average||Retake placement test
Possibility to skip one level
Pass all classes with a minimum 50% average
Proceed to next level
Pass all classes with a minimum 90% average
Retake placement test. Possibility to skip one level.
Pass all classes with a minimum 70% average
Eligible for Certificate & Post-Secondary Programs
Pass all classes with a minimum 75% average
Eligible for Degrees & Graduate Programs