Temporary Resident Visa
Also known as a re-entry visa or visitor visa, this is the visa that is stuck like a sticker into your passport. Not all students require a visa to enter Canada. To find out whether you do, check the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website for a list of visa exempt countries.
Applications for this visa must be sent outside of Canada. Typically, the application is sent to the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo, New York, USA. Processing time on average is about one month. The visa is usually granted for the same length of time as your study permit.
What do I need to apply?
- Your passport with your study permit inside
- A bank statement showing how much money you have to support yourself while in Canada
- Two passport-sized pictures take in the last six months
- Transcripts from any other school attended in Canada
- Money order made out to the Canadian Consulate General
- $75cdn for a single entry
- $150cdn for a multiple entry
The International Department is happy to help you complete the Application Form, provide you with the necessary documents from the college and mail your application package. Our offices are open at both campuses all year round.